Find answers to your heating system questions from the HVAC commercial services pros.
An HVAC commercial services maintenance plan can help your business to avoid discovering your gas furnace has a problem at the most inconvenient of times—such as in the middle of the coldest night of the year or on the busiest shopping Saturday of the year. A professional commercial services maintenance plan will help diagnose and fix little issues, so they don’t become major issues. You don’t want to wait until the coldest day of the year to discover your heating system has a problem.
Even as you are searching for the right commercial services plan for your business, you may find that you are dealing with some issues right NOW with your heater. Our team at Morelli is here to help you with some simple tips.
Check out these steps to take if your commercial heater won’t turn on:
- Check the setting: Make sure your thermostat is on and switched to heat. Your thermostat must be set above the room’s current temperature. Try raising the thermostat 5 degrees.
- Check the power supply: A blown fuse or tripped breaker in your main electrical panel could be the reason your furnace won’t ignite. If you see a breaker positioned between off and on, turn it all the way off, then back on.
- Make sure there’s fuel: If you have a gas furnace, the gas valve should be fully open. If you have an oil or propane furnace, check that you haven’t run out of fuel.
- Let the motor cool: Your heater motor may have overloaded. Keep it off for 30 minutes, and then press the reset button. You may need to repeat this process more than once.
- Consider the ignitor: If you have a furnace with a hot surface ignitor, look for a blinking indicator light, which could mean the ignitor is in lockout mode. Reset it by turning the power switch off then on. If the heater still won’t ignite, the ignitor may be damaged and require professional replacement. An intermittent pilot system that fails to ignite could have a loose component, damaged spark electrode or a problem with the control module.
Whether your heater won’t start or another problem is making your place of business less comfortable, let Morelli Heating & Air Conditioning evaluate your commercial services needs and work with you to develop a commercial services maintenance plan to meet your needs.
Click this link or call 843.554.8600 for a free consultation and an estimate on the right commercial services maintenance plan for your business.